The Point of The Needle

Natives have a concept of being centered in the universe, where one focuses on all aspects of being human; spiritual, physical, social, and emotional. When all parts are meaningful and focused upon, one achieves, or lives in, being centered. For me, my centeredness is represented by the simple word, “serenity”, which in no way is easy, just simple. As I’ve walked the journey with others, I’ve helped them to determine their centeredness as well, or should I say helped them to discover what has always existed in the inner realms of their beings.

It’s funny how other creations of the Creator so easily just be what they have been designed to be. You don’t see a cat striving to be a cow or a dog trying to be a tree or a mountain attempting to be human. We humans seem to be the only creation that becomes confused in the purpose of the Creator. A Native Therapist, who’s name escapes me and my lack of motivation prevents me from searching my boxes of books to obtain his name, suggested that we as humans should connect to the being of another creation, such as a tree, to help us to understand what it is we are to be, what a tree can really teach us about being. This sounds odd enough, especially if you put limits on the Creator.

And yet, it is in my experience that we lose being centered when we lose sight of our purpose, of our being, or who the Creator created His creation to be. Frustration sets in, words of others I don’t like are spoken, emotions are triggered, and my serenity can explode as quickly as the shape of a balloon that meets the point of a needle. Blame, anger, fear, and other emotions creep into the cells of my brain, down my spinal cord, into the fibers of my muscles, and rests soundly in the reservoir of my soul. And as it rests, my serenity is destroyed. I’m no different than you, the process is the same, and we become un-centered.

Begin to understand the process of emotions and belief systems that detour our beings away from the purpose of being who the Creator desires us to be. Become aware of your center and begin to fill the four aspects of your life with meaning and purpose, becoming the holistic being you were created to be. Surrendering to the Creator is probably the most powerful act we can take. Let go of the pins you allow to pop your balloons, to drive you away from being centered. Being centered is like my serenity, it is not easy, yet is so simple.


(The writings in this post are random thoughts and observations and are NEVER intended as professional or personal advice. Take what works and leave the rest. For information on mental health and/or substance abuse help, visit http://www.newdirectionsky.com/ and refer to the links page.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Saw What?

Worthy and Wanted

Life without Coffee - No Way